Monday, May 9, 2011

Qabiltu

Qabiltu
by Abu Zayd
USA

It began with a simple statement,
qabiltu
Your hand in mind, we left to start our new lives.
The sun never shined as
bright
And the moon was never so
full as it
became when your life and mine became one.

We never met,
We never spoke,
but
we
there was a feeling that
my faulty tongue
can never express in its own words -
muwaddah.

The stars spoke to us that night bringing
life
to the dark Earth
bring life to your dark hearts and stand.

Water splashed on my face the
night we were wed,
urging me to stand before
the One who
blessed us with one another,
an answer to the implicit call of
His creation, and
the explicit call of
His Majesty.

Greetings of peace and love showered our
home,
glad tidings of the clock's hand approaching Maghrib, breaking the fast
you
asked me to join
you in.

For you it was
never
nafsi nafsi
You
taught me what it meant to love Him, though
you
may not know it.

It was because of
my love for you
I realized how much I didn't
Love Him.
My life was incomplete
without You
My life will never be complete
without Him.

Qabiltu
my heart connected
with you

Qabiltu
when will my heart connect
with Him

----------------------------------------

From Islamicpoetry.org

No comments: