Thursday, October 25, 2007

When I came to the school I'm currently at, I was replacing a former teacher they call Mr. B. He taught P.E. class and some other subjects, and I don't think the kids especially liked him, except his lack of structure and discipline.

They ask me, "Are you just going to let us play basketball like Mr. B did?" or they say, "Mr. B never made us run." and so forth.


Anyway, today we were walking to the field to play kickball with the 2nd graders. I was carrying one of the new soft kickballs that the school purchased with our Go-Girls-Go grant money. I thought this ball would work much better than the soccer ball or the volleyball we had been using. I told the students to walk behind me, and they kept yelling about all sorts of things. Above the steady white noise that is the 2nd graders I heard:

"Mr. K, you have way more balls than Mr. B ever had."

I told the kid, "Thank you, but please don't ever say that again."

6 comments:

Mohammed Hussain said...

hahahaha! that is hilarious! That might be one student's opinion though, perhaps you should poll the rest of the student body.

Unknown said...

There's always a probability that it was not a student who said it, but rather sku hiding amongst his indeginous tribe of 2nd graders.

aliya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aliya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

haha, um. yeah.

ambiguously awkward statements make it all worth it, don't they nassir? ;-)

SaqibSaab said...

Nassir they're just sucking up for a good grade. Don't let them flatter you.