Thursday, September 27, 2007

Growing old and staying young

There is an adorable kid in my 1st grade class. He is missing his two top front teeth, and he loves to smile. At recess, there was a girl standing next to him who was also missing her two top front teeth.

"Are you two related?" I asked.

"No, we're just friends," she replied.

"Are you friends because you're both missing teeth?"

"Noooooo!"

And with that, they both ran away. I turned to another girl who was watching the whole thing.

"You've got plenty of teeth," I said to her.

"I've got four," she responded. "And my grandfather has two."

I started laughing so hard. I could just imagine her poor grandfather and all of his missing teeth. It reminds me of one time last year when I was sitting in the teachers lounge working on some lessons, and another teacher's daughter was sitting there too. She said:

"Sometimes, my mom and dad kiss on the lips."

Waaay too much information!

No comments: