Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Welcome to the Jungle. We got fun and games...

In gym class, I divided the students into two teams for their final game of soccer. But which team should go first? Naturally, I said the team with the player whose name is most rock star should go first. Thinking it should be Van-Axl, a Filipino kid whose name reminds me of Van Halen and Axl Rose, I pointed toward their team, and they went off to begin the name.

Then, a student game up to me and asked me if I know what his name means. I said his first name means "leader," but I didn't know what his last name meant.

"My name means 'Leader of War," he responded.

"Man, that is rock star. You should have gone first"

That is one of the coolest names I've ever heard. The Prophet (saw) emphasized that names have an effect on people. I wonder what effect his name will have...

No comments: